The Benchen Monastery Community is under the spiritual guidance of both His Eminence Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche and the late Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche.
It provides information about the Dharma centers in the East and West which are connected to the Rinpoches. And it provides information about various social welfare projects especially targeted at poor and needy people living in the East.
Benchen Monastery, September 4, 2022
His Eminence Sangyes Nyenpa Rinpoche will teach "The Preliminary Practies for Mahamudra" based on Jamgon Kongtrul' The Torch of Certainty" from October 1, 2022 to October 3, 2022 at Benchen Monastery, Kathmandu
Click images to open English, Tibetan and Chinese announcement
Benchen Monastery, April 19, 2022
Benchen Monastery announce that his Eminence Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche agreed to teach on Jamgon Lodro Thaye's Treasury of Knowledge. On the condition that the pandamic subsides in the coming months, the teaching is tentatively schedules to take place from 6-15th December 2022 at Benchen Monastery in Kathmandu, Nepal
Lama Ngawang Tsultrim will give a series of teaching about "The 12 Links of Interdependent Origination".
03. September 2022 at 19:30 CEST
17. September 2022 at 19:30 CEST
29. October 2022 at 19:30 CEST
12. November 2022 at 19:30 CET
26. November 2022 at 19:30 CET
10. December 2022 at 19:30 CET
Everybody is invited to join.
By practicing Dharma there, it will be a place of extraordinary benefit to oneself and others.
These were his words, which he shared with all his students in a letter before he left for Nepal.
And at the beginning of the 2020 Summer Course, in the advice that H.E. Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche gave us via WhatsApp, he said very clearly that we were very fortunate to have been in the Dharma for many years and to have received many precious teachings and initiations from high teachers. We had read so many Dharma books - but without practice we cannot attain liberation and so now was really the time to practice, do retreat and gain experience as much as possible.
Thus, both of our Rinpoches have given the advice and instruction that we should do retreat as much as possible.
Benchen Buddha Maitreya Project, February 10, 2022
Benchen Monastery is participating in the 38th Kagyu Monlam in Kathmandu, Nepal along with all the Karma Kagyu Monasteries all around the world via Zoom.
This is a video link to Facebook on the ceremony
Benchen Monaystery, December 8, 2021
His Eminence Yangsi Tenga Rinpoche presides over the Vajrakilaya Drubchen Puja at Benchen Nangten Thosam Ling Shedra in Pharping
Benchen Buddha Maitreya Project, March 31, 2019
We invite you to kindly support and make donation to “Benchen Buddha Maitreya Project”
By being a part of the “Benchen Buddha Maitreya Project” through funding or contributing to it, in cash or in kind, one continuously generates and accumulates good merits as long as the temple remains for the benefits of all.
The Buddha taught that one of the supreme means of accumulating merit and wisdom through the body, speech, and mind is by building monasteries and teaching centers.
A Monastery is not just
a place that shelters sacred statues, scriptures, and sangha, but also
a place where the sacred teachings of the Buddha are being taught to benefit so many.
A place where actual healing of the mind begins.
It is not a place where only one person comes but thousands will gather.
It is not where only one person teaches but many great teachers will teach.
These are some recent short videos from Benchen primery school. Please click the pictures to watch the videos
Site Last Modified
- HE Sangyes Nyenpa Rinpoche on "The Preliminary Practies for Mahamudra"
- Interdependent Origination, Sept.-Dec. 2022 -- online
- Ceremony of the seventh batch of 3-year retreat lamas at Benchen Clear Light Retreat Center Pharping
- News from Benchen Monastery August 2022
- Ground breaking ceremony of Maitreya Buddha Temple
- Shangpa Kagyu lineage retreats for nuns in Pharping
- Buddhist centre in Poland became a refuge for Nepalis fleeing war
- Jamgon Lodroe Thaye's Treasury of Knowledge
- Teachings on" Tendrel" - interdependent arising
- One-year anniversary of the Late Sangay Lekpa
- Compassionate deity ritual for late Mr. Mathias Knauf
- Losar Mahakala Puja 2022 at Benchen Monastery
- Benchen Monastery participating the 38th Kagyu Monlam
- H.E. Sangye Nyenpa on Atisha's Bodhisattva's Garland of Jewel
- Notice to Nepalese construction companies