Europe Benchen Phuntsok Ling
In a letter to his disciples from 1998 Tenga Rinpoche describes his vision of Benchen Phuntsok Ling:
Advice by Lama Ngawang Tsultrim as given in his letter from 2022.
By practicing Dharma there, it will be a place of extraordinary benefit to oneself and others.
These were his words, which he shared with all his students in a letter before he left for Nepal.
And at the beginning of the 2020 Summer Course, in the advice that H.E. Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche gave us via WhatsApp, he said very clearly that we were very fortunate to have been in the Dharma for many years and to have received many precious teachings and initiations from high teachers. We had read so many Dharma books - but without practice we cannot attain liberation and so now was really the time to practice, do retreat and gain experience as much as possible.
Thus, both of our Rinpoches have given the advice and instruction that we should do retreat as much as possible.
- Pictures of him as a young man meeting the 16th Karmapa in Rumtek, published in the "DHARMA KING" , a mighty volume dedicated to the memory of HH the 16th Karmapa, early witnesses of Edward's decisiveness to cross the cultural borders of his British education. By his decision to learn Tibetan and act as an interpreter he became one of these early translators almost miraculously appearing when they are needed most.
On the 31. October 2015 in Allmuthen, a wonderful day, Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche's nicely built relic stupa that had been constructed at Benchen Phuntsok Ling was consecrated by Drubwang Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche. Many people have gathered on this beautiful occasion. On the following Sunday morning Rinpoche continued the weekend course by giving teachings and in the afternoon concluded it by bestowing the Thousand-Armed Chenresig empowerment. The weekend course has been wonderful and all the participants enjoyed it very much.
Simultaneously all the necessary rituals were performed by our resident lamas recently with the support of Khenpo Gawe Nyima and Drubpön Döndrub Tashi when the two mandalas etc. were placed in the Stupa.
During the summer course 2014 some Sangha members carved the so called "Sogshing", the approx. 5 m long center pole, which will be core of the Stupa and will be placed in the center of it. The wood was obtained from the Thuja tree which grew next to the Stupa building site in our garden. It was beautifully ornamented and prepared according to the traditional procedures by our resident lamas.
To enshrine Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche's relics we will be building a stupa at Benchen Phuntsok Ling, Allmuthen. It will have the form and the structure of the "Enlightenment Stupa".
H.H. Karmapa sent a personally signed construction drawing to Benchen Monastery in Nepal indicating that this type of stupa should be constructed for Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche's relics. This particular drawing of the Enlightenment Stupa is based on instructions by the 15th Karmapa, Khakyab Dorje, contained in his collected works, the 'Khakyab Dorje Khabum'.
The location for the stupa in Benchen Phuntsok Ling has been decided and Drubwang Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will perform all the necessary rituals preceding the actual building process during this year's summer course. (Dimensions of the stupa will follow).
The costs are estimated to be some 35.000 Euro. We aim to begin with the construction this year and ask all of you to support this project financially.
For any contribution please use the bank account here.
Please mention the purpose: Stupa
See also: The Buddhist Stupa
Page 2 of 3
Site Last Modified
- Benchen Sangha joins Kagyue Monlam
- Jamgon Lodroe Thaye's Treasury of Knowledge
- Benchen Denmark new Website launched
- Buddha Maitreya Project, 18.02.2023 -- online
- Announcement Summer Course 2023 -- Allmuthen
- Losar Mönlam, 17.-21.2.2023 -- Allmuthen
- Retreats in 2023 -- Allmuthen
- Benchen Monastery participating the 38th Kagyu Monlam
- Vajrakilaya Drubchen Puja at Benchen Nangten Thosam Ling Shedra
- General Information about the Retreats in Allmuthen by Lama Ngawang Tsultrim
- HE Sangyes Nyenpa Rinpoche on "The Preliminary Practies for Mahamudra"
- Ceremony of the seventh batch of 3-year retreat lamas at Benchen Clear Light Retreat Center Pharping
- News from Benchen Monastery August 2022
- Ground breaking ceremony of Maitreya Buddha Temple
- Shangpa Kagyu lineage retreats for nuns in Pharping