Benchen Phuntsok Ling Europe
In a letter to his disciples from 1998 Tenga Rinpoche describes his vision of Benchen Phuntsok Ling:
The origin of the stupa (tib. Chörten mChod rten) can be traced to ancient Vedic India. It was customary to put the ashes of cremated bodies into tumuli.
The Buddhist stupas, however, are not mere elaborations of the burial mounds. They function as a symbolic representation containing relics, not as a container of relics that has symbolism. The relics sanctify the structure endowing it with the consecrated quality that the living being (of whose these are the relics) possessed. Some Buddhist texts refer to stupas built containing the relics of past Buddhas. So one can assume that stupas existed already during Shakyamuni Buddha's life, although in much more simple forms than we know today.
On August 3, 2013 during the summer course Drubwang Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche performed a ritual for the consecration of the place where the stupa is going to be build in Allmuthen. Now we are waiting for the building permission to start the construcution. Please click on the pictures to enlarge.
As you all know a stupa to enshrine the precious relics of Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche will be build in Benchen Phuntsok Ling, Allmuthen.
It is necessary to fill such a stupa with a lot of tsa tsas, mantra rolls and other objects. During two weekends at the end of 2013 during a workshop with Lama Ngawang Tsultrim 216 (2*108) tsa tsas together with a lot mantra rolls were prepared to fill the stupa.
=> The Mantra accumulation is completed now. 10,627,180 Mantras have been recited until October 25, 2020 😄 Great, thank you all very much!
For the health and long life of all lineage lamas, especially for our highly esteemed teacher Drubwang Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche, we want to accumulate 10 million Medicine Buddha mantras from the bottom of our hearts:
TEYATHA OM BEKANDSE BEKANDSE MAHA BEKANDSE RADSA SAMUTGATE SOHA
You are invited to join this recitation.
An important prerequisite for participation in this practice is the presence of an empowerment in the practice of Medicine Buddha.
==> Congratulation, now 2,036,000 Dharanis were recited (September 14, 2019) ??? It took a long time to reach this goal. Many thanks to everybody who contributed and continually recited for all the months!
Therefore His Holiness' sister, Jetsun Ngodup Palzom has invited all students, individuals, groups and centres to join in, and to accumulate recitations that will be said by them or their group over the next year (2016, the Tibetan year of the Fire Monkey) as an offering for the benefit of everyone. She is asking for a commitment from each individual or group who wishes to join in, meaning an accumulated number of recitations will be offered during the year by each individual or group.
The Sangha of Benchen Phuntsok Ling together with Dharmahaus Benchen Tashi Ling will accumulate 2,000,000 of the Dharanis for His Holiness activities and Long life. The accumulation will start on Losar February 8, 2016 and go on for one year.
Page 2 of 2
Site Last Modified
- Prayers and Pujas for pacification at Benchen Monastery
- BPL Newsletter
- Accumulation of 10 Million Medicine Buddha Mantras - completed
- Closing ceremony of Yarne 2020
- Notice to Nepalese construction companies
- Letter of appreciation and gratitude to HH Gyalwa Karmapa and long life prayer for Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche's Yangsi
- Benchen Monastic Community celebrates the 35th Birth Anniversary of HH the Gyalwang Karmapa
- Teachings by Lama Ngawang Tsultrim
- H.E. Sangye Nyenpa on Atisha's Bodhisattva's Garland of Jewel
- H.E.Drubwang Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche performing Shing Kyong dance
- H.E. Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche on Guru Yoga
- Remembering late KyabjeTenga Rinpoche
- Rinchen Terdzon postponed
- 2020 Losar Celebration in Benchen Monastery
- Words on coronavirus pandemic on behalf of Benchen Community