Courses and Retreats
7:30 CET/CEST: Green Tara practice
We are very happy to inform you that on 18 February at 19:30 CET ven. Khenpo Karma Woesung will be speaking to us on Zoom.
Khenpo La is the teacher of Yangsi Tenga Rinpoche.
He is a monk of Benchen Monastery, obtained his Khenpo degree at the Shedra in Rumtek and completed a traditional three-year retreat at the Benchen Retreat Centre in Pharping. He thus combines the qualities of a scholar and practitioner in one person.
At the monastery he is also - together with Chadzo Tashi Öser, Lopön Dendup Taschi and Lama Zopa Gyatso - responsible for the Buddha Maitreya Project.
He will give a first-hand account of Benchen Monastery in Kathmandu, which will be particularly interesting after the long period of not being able to visit Nepal.
In mid-March there will also be the precious opportunity to practise Shine (Shamatha) with him, the teacher Yangsi Tenga Rinpoches, here in Europe Benchen Phuntsok Ling, Allmuthen.
This will be possible on two weekends in March, 17-19 March and 24-26 March.
We will give details in another newsletter in a few days.
We are very happy that we can make our annual programme richer with these wonderful events.
The session will be conducted as a Zoom meeting (about 90 minutes).
Further details will be published in the BPL Newsletter.
After three years the Losar Mönlam 2023 will finally happen again on-site in Allmuthen, Belgium.
No Zoom Meeting.
Following the advice of our venerable teacher Tenga Rinpoche, we will again celebrate the prayer festival Mönlam (tib.: "smon lam") this year for the Tibetan New Year (Losar). Losar this year falls on February 21 and ushers in the year 2150, the female Water Rabbit Year.
"Mönlam" means aspiration prayer. Tibetan Buddhists - monks, nuns and lay people - from around the world will gather at Losar to perform wishing prayers for the benefit of all living beings. Aspiration prayers have a very important meaning as they lay the foundation for our future. All Buddhas and Bodhisattvas have said countless wishful prayers.
All four retreats in 2022 have been very positive and have taken place in a nice and harmonious way.
2023 the following retreats will be offered in Europe Benchen Phuntsok Ling:
Advice by Lama Ngawang Tsultrim as given in his letter from 2022.
By practicing Dharma there, it will be a place of extraordinary benefit to oneself and others.
These were his words, which he shared with all his students in a letter before he left for Nepal.
And at the beginning of the 2020 Summer Course, in the advice that H.E. Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche gave us via WhatsApp, he said very clearly that we were very fortunate to have been in the Dharma for many years and to have received many precious teachings and initiations from high teachers. We had read so many Dharma books - but without practice we cannot attain liberation and so now was really the time to practice, do retreat and gain experience as much as possible.
Thus, both of our Rinpoches have given the advice and instruction that we should do retreat as much as possible.
Site Last Modified
- Buddha Maitreya Project, 18.02.2023 -- online
- Announcement Summer Course 2023 -- Allmuthen
- Losar Mönlam, 17.-21.2.2023 -- Allmuthen
- Retreats in 2023 -- Allmuthen
- Benchen Denmark new Website launched
- Benchen Monastery participating the 38th Kagyu Monlam
- Vajrakilaya Drubchen Puja at Benchen Nangten Thosam Ling Shedra
- General Information about the Retreats in Allmuthen by Lama Ngawang Tsultrim
- HE Sangyes Nyenpa Rinpoche on "The Preliminary Practies for Mahamudra"
- Ceremony of the seventh batch of 3-year retreat lamas at Benchen Clear Light Retreat Center Pharping
- News from Benchen Monastery August 2022
- Ground breaking ceremony of Maitreya Buddha Temple
- Shangpa Kagyu lineage retreats for nuns in Pharping
- Buddhist centre in Poland became a refuge for Nepalis fleeing war
- Jamgon Lodroe Thaye's Treasury of Knowledge