Europe Benchen Phuntsok Ling
In a letter to his disciples from 1998 Tenga Rinpoche describes his vision of Benchen Phuntsok Ling:
Benchen Phuntsok Ling Newsletter is available, please just clickt to register: BPL Newsletter Subscription
By clicking the link you will be forwarded to the newsletter registration website.
Please check your email spam folder if you experience any trouble to receive the newsletter.
- Subscription data: For the Newsletter registration only your emailadress is necessary.
The legal basis we rely on for sending the newsletter is your consent under article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR and article 7(2)(3) of the GDPR.
- Unsubscribing/withdrawal: You can unsubscribe/withdraw your consent any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter you receive from us.
- Newsletter Service Provider: 1&1 IONOS, Elgendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabaur, Germany.
- The data privacy statement: https://www.ionos.com/terms-gtc/terms-privacy/
All four retreats in 2022 have been very positive and have taken place in a nice and harmonious way.
2023 the following retreats will be offered in Europe Benchen Phuntsok Ling:
For this life and also for future lives it is very important to practise mindfulness. A lot of things go wrong in our lives. This comes from a lack of mindfulness. The distracted mind is an unhappy mind.
Mindfulness can be trained. If we want good health, success at work and just a happy life in general, it is very important to train one's mindfulness.
Advice by Lama Ngawang Tsultrim as given in his letter from 2022.
By practicing Dharma there, it will be a place of extraordinary benefit to oneself and others.
These were his words, which he shared with all his students in a letter before he left for Nepal.
And at the beginning of the 2020 Summer Course, in the advice that H.E. Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche gave us via WhatsApp, he said very clearly that we were very fortunate to have been in the Dharma for many years and to have received many precious teachings and initiations from high teachers. We had read so many Dharma books - but without practice we cannot attain liberation and so now was really the time to practice, do retreat and gain experience as much as possible.
Thus, both of our Rinpoches have given the advice and instruction that we should do retreat as much as possible.
During the night from Sunday to Monday, July 3, the old barn in Allmuthen burned down.
Fortunately, no one was injured and only property damage was caused. The fire department was on duty with several fire trucks, and the fire could be extinguished before it could spread to other buildings.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Cleanup work began shortly thereafter, and all parts of the barn that were in danger of collapsing had to be demolished. Demolition and construction companies were at work with heavy equipment, several containers with metal remains and fire debris were taken away and disposed of. Now the construction vacations in Belgium have begun, and the work can only be resumed afterwards. Tireless helpers from the Sangha are still continuing to clean up the site. Remaining debris has been covered with tarpaulins.
Some areas of the site will now be blocked off. This will also have an impact on the summer course which will start soon, and various restrictions are to be expected.
All guests of the summer course are urged to respect the barriers! Please keep an eye on the children to make sure they stay away from the blocked off areas.
The view of the landscape in Allmuthen has changed a lot, from the dining room you now have a clear view of the forest on the other side of the valley opposite.
Anyway, we hope that we all will enjoy a nice summer course!
Page 1 of 3
Site Last Modified
- News from Benchen Monastery August 2022
- Kathmandu Post on Benchen Phuntsok Dargyeling Monastery
- Teaching Notice 2024 -2026 from Benchen Monastery
- Yangsi Tenga Rinpoches arrival at Rumtek Monastery
- Old barn burned down in Allmuthen
- News from the Benchen Monastery School in Pharping
- Benchen Sangha joins Kagyu Monlam
- Black Hat Drum Dance (Shanag Ngacham) 2023
- Farewell Hanne
- Samatha-Vipasyana Teaching April 2023
- Benchen Monastery condolence letter for late Hanne Pohlmann
- Benchen Buddha Maitreya Project starts project
- General Information Summer Course 2023
- Announcement of Rinchen Terzö Duration
- Losar Tashi Delek